If you are looking to add humidity to your home, we can recommend Aprilaire whole house humidifiers! The models of humidifiers we currently install for a flat-rate price include:
- 500M - a bypass style, manual control humidifier, which can humidify up to 1500 square feet
- 600M - a bypass style, manual control humidifier, which can humidify over 1500 square feet
- 600(A) - a bypass style, automatic control humidifier, which can humidify over 1500 square feet
- 700M - a fan-powered, manual control humidifier, which can humidify over 1500 square feet
- 700(A) - a fan-powered, automatic control humidifier, which can humidify over 1500 square feet
Too little humidity in a home can be very uncomfortable. Since furnace units are used in the winter time to warm the air, people can suffer from dried out skin, chapped lips, dry hands, elbows and some people can also suffer from scalp dryness. Our whole-house or furnace humidifiers, which connect to a home's HVAC system will provide humidity to the entire house.
In the winter time especially when the cold outside air is heated inside your home, the humidity levels may drop as low as 10%-20%. This can lead to respiratory distress, notably in the morning when you get out of bed. If you have asthma or respiratory problems, then a humidifier is a great investment for you. The benefits of a humidifier include making the air easier to breathe.
Low humidity can also affect wooden furniture and floors causing shrinkage, gaps between panels and loose joints or cracking of pieces. Even Books, papers, and artworks can shrink or warp and become brittle in very low humidity.
If you have an existing whole-house humidifier that you are looking to maintain, we can also provide seasonal cleanings and repairs. Please call us today to schedule an appointment!